I suggest you ...

Display the earliest date on which a repeat prescription request may be submitted online

To avoid rejections display the earliest date on which a repeat prescription request may be submitted via the online service.

843 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    FMFM shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

44 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • anne  mathewsanne mathews commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Re prescription being ready for collection or delivery .yes it would be helpful if they e mailed you . I always phone Lloyds before I go to make sure it's ready or that they can find it !

• anne  mathewsanne mathews commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I always order my prescriptions for a couple of weeks before I need them to allow for any stock shortages or delays at lloyds chemist . I'm unable to go elsewhere ! This could cause a lot of problems especially if you were going away and needed to order in advance ! Anyone with bad health or who is also likely to go into hospital would also need to keep their meds topped up . Not a workable idea unless they allow you at least 2weeks !

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

if i order a repeat prescription via emis on line, how many days after can i go to surgery to pick them up, i.e if i order via emis online on friday morning on what morning can i pick them up, thank you

• robert wellsrobert wells commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Good idea as my Doctor only lets me order a new prescription when I have less than three tablets left its very hard to keep up to date a warning should also be emailed as to when I need to order a new prescription.

• Jean Elizabeth HarrisJean Elizabeth Harris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have been advised in the past to use this online request for repeat prescriptions for my self & my husband James Harris same address. I always seem to leave it to the last minute remembering to re-order. Please can we both have our next medication monday 11th may in the morning. we are hoping to go on holiday late monday morning. I have also got my 94year old mother into respite care nuring home as i need a much needed rest. I will also try to order via telephone tomorrow as i'm not sure this online is working for me. Thankyou Jean Harris

I would like an email reminder, preferably at 21 days to order my next prescription. This was available under the previous system.

I got irritated when my prescription was going to the wrong pharmacy. Now I order through the pharmacy so it doesn't arise. It is useful to keep a check on how stocks are going, so that I can order in good time. But my understanding is that renewable drugs are prescribed to cover a month's supply. I'd recommend as a lay person, but with experience of asthmatics, that if you are using your spray more than expected, you should be using your other daily spray to reduce the amount that's needed of the symptomatic relief. You should discuss that with your GP. Don't take my word for it. The date for renewals should be available and I voted accordingly at the time.

• DavidDavid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The inability to know whether the prescription is yet ready for collection is a major flaw in the system and impacts on its overall usability.

• calcal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why when I go to update contact details am I only shown my email and mobile number? I cannot add a home or work tel no or update my address?

• MikeMike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is VITAL that the 'medication review date' is clearly indicated within the Patient Access view. Otherwise errors and clinical risk will persist as patients who use Patient Access may continue to order repeat prescriptions without knowing their medication review date has passed.

Not allowing repeat prescription requests early would cause many problems. There should be a comment facility for the patient to indicate why a prescription request is being made 'early' - for example for a holiday, or for replenishment of 'as and when' medication.

• Robert SharpRobert Sharp commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Perhaps a status system similar to the one couriers use. Received - Accepted - Being processed - Part Ready (Waiting for and item) - Ready. I would think it would be quite simply to modify as it is only adding to a drop down box. I like many others are sick of calling back after a week only to find it is not ready.

why do you refuse a repeat prescription 4 days before they are due when it takes that long to go through the process.it means i have to without important heart tablets for a couple of days. as i have on many times before.this practice is dangerous.surely you can see by the prescription how important the medication is

• Amareet GillAmareet Gill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with the above. Just saying the prescription had been accepted is annoying as I've gone many times to collect the script after 2 days and it's 'still with the dr' or it's 'waiting to be signed' resulting in numerous trips/phone calls to the surgery. Very annoying indeed.

• K. PickeringK. Pickering commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Do you have to attend a review?
        At my old practice I was often several repeat prescriptions past the review date before I booked an appointment and nobody said anything. Then I moved to a health centre and they told me I didn't have to attend reviews, the information was only on the form to remind the doctor.

• David DeakinDavid Deakin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I find it amazing that this wonderful system where I just “click to repeat” a prescription, still requires the nice lady from the coop to walk up the road to collect it and it remains a gamble that it will be ready when I go to collect it. Can they not collect them via e mail so that “Accepted” could then be “With Pharmacy”

We used to be able to request Email Message Reminder when Repeat Prescriptions were due again this should really be a Priority, as some people like myself are forgetful, I forgot to order repeat and it was over a week which made me short or my Repeat Tablets

• Brenda VargessonBrenda Vargesson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I went to the home page to order my repeat prescription, it only diplayed Appointments on-line, which is disabled. I want to be able to order my medication on-line as this saves me time. Why can't this be done without all this kafuffle/

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base