I suggest you ...

Allow the username to be changed

The user name is currently 10 numbers which is not really easy to remember if the username can be changed to a more memorable one chosen by the account holder.

1,366 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Maureen CraneMaureen Crane shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  Patient Access AdminAdminPatient Access Admin (Admin, Patient) responded  · 

Thank you for the feedback. This has been passed on to the Patient Access team as an idea for enhancement. If you think this idea is worth developing, please vote for it as it lets us see which ideas are most important to users.

In the meantime you can use the “Remember my User ID” box if only one account is accessed on the PC or the autocomplete feature if more than one account is accessed. See http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/250437-can-i-store-all-of-my-family-s-details-in-the-sign

66 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • JoanneJoanne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

10 digit user name is insane! and so is a getting a password to your e-mail when u forgot it and get locked out all the time for trying..arrgg

• StefanoStefano commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely will be great to have the choice to change the username. Especially for `old` people like me :-)

• Jane ClarkeJane Clarke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PCs wear out, so allowing the machine to remember the ID is not really the answer - it would be excellent if we could change to a more sensible ID. How do we vote for this?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please allow this to happen! I have finally developed a system to remember my passwords and usernames so this is really inconvenient at the moment! Thank you :)

I agree - please change it to an easier shorter amount of numbers or, like most other User ID's needed, a user name we can choose?

Great idea especially when there's 4 of these numbers I have to try to remember which is proving impossible

• Alan FraserAlan Fraser commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

NB This idea was raised on December 6th 2012, over 2 years ago!!
        Why has it not been actioned? Who is accountable? The site seems to hide behind a cloak of anonymity.

See extract from a FAQ on this site -

'There has been a release to the site to introduce Reputation and Badges where users earn points and are awarded badges for their participation in the forums.

See here for full details http://www.patient.co.uk/forums/reputation including links to show where your badges and reputation can be viewed, where points are awarded and for what actions.
        When badges etc are achieved you will receive an email notifying you. There is an option in your settings where you can turn these emails off if required. See this FAQ.

This article was helpful · Flag this article as inaccurate…'
        ----------------------------------

It is very 'interesting' that this idiotic feature takes precedent over urgent user enhancements. Is symptomatic of the lack of thinking behind this site.
        Is anyone seriously interested in earning brownie points? For what purpose?
        I would have thought that a good, working, secure, user friendly system should be the priority.

Who audits these people? Do they look at feedback?

As an IT / Computer Security Professional I totally agree with many of the comments on here.
        The system is not fit for purpose and is very obviously run by people with very little idea of good system design, which should include ensuring a good User / System interface. Which does not exist and we get fobbed off by seriously stupid, un-professional and very immature comments.
        And 'scoring' enhancements? What is that all about?! Don't they have a sensible fault / enhancement methodology? Most of these issues should have been covered as part of the original Business specification; failing that as part of User Acceptance Testing, although it appears that this was probably never carried out.
        So many of the issues are elementary; who on earth, except an amateur, would dream up a log-in using a long numeric character string instead of , say, email address?
        I have just been given access to this forum without being asked for a password!
        Who pays for this database?
        Who is the Business owner? What are their qualifications to purchase such a system? Who do they report to?
        Who (doesn't) manage the developer? Are their services ever reviewed?
        Who are the developer/s? What are their qualifications?
        The pay master - and all of us users - are being taken for a ride.
        Why was the previous system not retained? It was fit for purpose.
        This smells.

I think it should be possible to change a user ID, especially important for the older user or one with visual impairments who find a anonymous 11 digit number hard to remember, read or type onto a keyboard. A fairly basic requirement I would have thought.

• ysanmiguelysanmiguel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just change that 10 digits ID for the email...

LOGIN.

Email:
        password:

Store the 10 digits number in the database for client reference if need it, but is to complicate now, that is true.

Thank you!

• mattmatt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My very first contact with this emis system has really irritated me. Who thought asking people to remember a 10 digit number was acceptable?

• johnra6johnra6 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When requesting a reminder for User ID (and i suspect password) why does the next page state that i have entered incorrect details too many time and therefore i am blocked....this does not help in retrieving my User ID

• neilneil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

is it 10 numbers? the 'username builder' just built mine and made it 11 numbers... grrrrrr

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please please please implement the suggestion to allow user IDs to be changed. The generic 10 digit user ID seems archaic by modern standards and makes the user experience anything but fluid.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base