ideas

Let us know what you think about Patient Access.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add an API

Please add an API so people can build tools and apps to interact with the site. I'd like to configure an Amazon Dash button to place repeat prescription (subject to checks such as date of last ordering etc). An API could also enable people to develop options for people to book appointments through smart home devices such as Alexa or Google Home.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Online Medication Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Allow users to create own, more easily remembered user ID. Looks like I'm not the first with this idea, but nothing done about it

With multiple users on one laptop, having to keep looking up the user ID number is a pain.

Another visit to doctor to sort the pain!!!

4 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Sort out the formating of text in the Android app, words are broken over lines.

The text on the web version is OK, though I would prefer carriage returns and spaces to be retained, we stop doing c...a...t, cat at about 7 years old. What is worse id the block of characters in the app where words are broken over lines to fill the line every time.

1 vote
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          0 comments  ·  Online Messages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Move Messaging and Repeat Prescriptions to separate area (Like Medical Records)

To view or write messages we must scroll past the history of repeat prescriptions, which is tedious to say the least. If we move Messaging from the bottom, no doubt the same would be true to repeat a prescription.

The aim must be to see all available actions on screen if only to help new users to see what is available.

If not, at least "archive" repeats which are over, say, 3 months old, or, perhaps, just show the last one.

1 vote
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            0 comments  ·  Online Messages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • There should be a way to change 'routine' referrals to 'urgent' or vice versa whilst doing a referral!

Whilst doing a referral sometimes we move on fron the first page and realise it should be urgent or routine etc etc.. there should be a way to just change this before finishing the referral otherwise means you have to completely restart the referral and then log in to ERS and cancel it. Very long winded for such a tiny issue!!

1 vote
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
            • Fix your endless 7001 errors. Poor service.

You need to allow patients to report service errors directly to you rather than via their medical centre. Forcing your users to report errors to their medical centre is "passing the buck".

Your policy has caused me and my surgeryto re-set my links several times over the months after 7001 errors. This time to no avail whatsoever. However, you admit possible software problems with the error message, but then show that the service is good on the site. Your service standards and response need attention.

3 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
              • Enable User ID to be changed

the fact that this idea has been posted MANY times over the last 4-5 YEARS and still nothing has been done is crazy! Software on my computer automatically deletes cookies and saved data to keep my computer running smother, so "remember User ID" isnt a valid answer for me.

Please do something about this

3 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                • Fix the app

Please fix the app. Cannot access test results error code 7001 contacted patient access twice but still not resolved

13 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    5 comments  ·  Mobile/App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Add a facility to delete old repeat prescription requests to just show the recent ones.

It would add clarity to the page if we had the facility to delete old repeat prescription requests so that only the most recent are displayed.Only the most recent consultations are shown, but repeat prescription requests seem to go a long way back and they are not really of any interest.

6 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      2 comments  ·  Online Medication Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • simplify instruction letters from surgeries.

I went to my surgery to register online. The letter gave no instructions other than go to the website and click "online services"

Once I had done that, a box requested my User ID which allowed a 12 character user ID to be inserted.
                      On my letter there is NO user ID... I have a user name that is 12 characters so it is not that.

I have a Password, a Passphrase, an organisation code and an account ID... none of which gain access to the site.

I am very computer literate so I do not know how novices are…

4 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Allow restricted Patient / Doctor contact via the app

Sometimes your doctor needs to speak you unannounced e.g test results, update, referral etc.

It would be good if the Doctor could message you via the app and you can respond to the message via the app. When messaged by the Doctor you should receive a notification message on your phone and possibly a notification message to your email address also.

The app should only allow the Doctor to be able to contact you and once they do, you can only reply to the message once. It should be restricted so you can never initiate contact with the Doctor or…

3 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          0 comments  ·  Mobile/App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Email me when test results are added

Please email me when test results are added to save me having to keep logging in to check for them

9 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            1 comment  ·  Online Messages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Add to calendar on Android shows calendar but then 'Event not found'

Event not found error when click on the add to calendar icon. It opens the Google calendar but then gives the error.

1 vote
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              0 comments  ·  Mobile/App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Make it 2-way messaging on the Prescription Ordering 'add a comment' facilty

At my Surgery, when ordering from my list of online Meds, its possible to add a message ....

However, theres no way of knowing if its been read or actioned.

Could there be a box with a response / acknowledgement / non-dialogue content so one knows whether or not to persue things ?

0 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                1 comment  ·  Online Medication Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Notification of repeat prescription status change

In cases where your system knows a repeat prescription request has gone from Requested to either Accepted or Rejected you should be able to notify the user that they need to login to Patient access to see what's changed.
                                There would be no confidentiality breach. And unless you only fetch a patients details from the Practice when they login, this should be implementable.
                                I don't care about magically knowing what bit of paper has been pushed where in the Practice, just when the status has changed in your system.

5 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  0 comments  ·  Online Medication Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Give better support.

Text reminder for passwords reset have not worked despite numerous requests and as in Scotland have to wait for surgery to open. Tried twitter but no response

2 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  • Bring the app upto date

I upload a lot of info into  health, it would be soooo beneficial for doctors to have this data available to them before I attend my appointment.
                                    Tracking vitals over time will give them a better view on a patients helath.
                                    Also, update the app! It's SOOO slow, needs a quicker, faster, more initiative interface. Use TouchID to sign in, sync with my calendar rather than just creating an export file.

You have the links with GPs, this could be AMAZING. It just isn't at the minute.

7 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      1 comment  ·  Mobile/App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Put A DEMO Account On Ur Site So Patients Can B Shown How It Works In Real Time Without Actually Triggering Anything accidentally

hi, I am a member of my local PPG, we are trying to encourage patients to use patient access. To make this easier could you have a dummy/demo account set-up on your website so patients could be shown exactly how to use an account without actually initiating an accidental request or showing someone’s medication list by demonstrating from a real patients live account...

5 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      • iPhone App and iCloud Keychain integration fails. Please make to work correctly

There is a major problem with the iPhone app and iCloud Keychain. You simply do not interface with it correctly, perhaps at all. I use a system generated complex password, something like 0zQ-tw5-KlH-3Hf Try entering that on an iPhone.

I raised this as ticket number 18989 to be asked to come here. Gentlemen, this is not a functionality request or a suggestion, your App is at fault. If you want folk to enjoy using your system you need to make it work for them

9 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          1 comment  ·  Mobile/App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • You sent me an email to complete my Heath Assessment, Please send another as I have mislaid it on the computer.

I cannot complete the My health Assessment you sent me. Please send another.

1 vote
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            0 comments  ·  Personal Health Record  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base